For an extensive list of courses taught, please refer to my Curriculum Vitae.
All of these syllabi are in Adobe PDF format. Generally speaking, the most recently-taught version of a syllabus appears here; earlier syllabi are available upon request.
Syllabi for courses I am currently teaching are here. This page is an archive of representative syllabi from past semesters, provided for former students and as a courtesy to colleagues teaching courses in these areas for the first time.
- American Government (160-student lecture course with department-mandated textbook and materials, Fall 2009); a syllabus from a smaller American Government seminar based on my textbook preferences is also available.
- Texas Government (large lecture course with department-mandated textbook and materials, Spring 2011)
- Research Methods (undergraduate, Spring 2012)
- Freshman Seminar, Introduction to Politics: Representation and Voting Systems (Fall 2007)
- The U.S. Congress (Spring 2007)
- Congress and the Presidency (Spring 2010)
- The Political System of the United States of America (Spring 2010)
- Electoral Behavior (Fall 2006)
- Parties and Elections (Spring 2013)
- Politics of the American South (Spring 2008)
- Public Opinion (Spring 2005)
- Public Opinion and Voting Behavior (Spring 2008)
- Political Participation (Spring 2012)
- Constitutional Law: Institutions and Processes; Economic Liberties (Summer 2005)
- Constitutional Law: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties; Criminal Procedure (Spring 2005)
- Introduction to Global Issues (Introduction to IR) (Spring 2014)
- EURO 4160, Federalism and Multilevel Governance (USG EU Studies Program) (Fall 2017)
- Public Policy Development and Implementation (Fall 2008, MPA lecture course)
- American Political Behavior (Spring 2009, graduate seminar)
- American Political Institutions (Fall 2009, graduate seminar)
- Social Inquiry/Research Methods I (Fall 2010, graduate seminar)
- Advanced Quantitative Methods/Research Methods II (Spring 2011, graduate seminar)
- Research Methods II (Spring 2012, online graduate course)